This post is supposed to be about a simple healthy recipe. Actually, when I think about a whole healthy dish the first option is some fish (simply cooked), broccoli (I love it in any way) and a cold yogurt sauce (no cooking required).
So, "surprise, surprise" last week we did just that because I wanted something really light.
For the fish:
- You will need fillets, so if you have a whole one, you need to try to fillet it.
- We used zander fish, you can also use perch or other fish of your choice.
- You will need to season the fish, just salt and pepper on both sides will be fine, we also added some chili flakes.
- Pour 1 tbs oil in a pan and fry the fillets on both sides, until golden/ golden-brown
As a side:
- We have used broccoli like this in this dish.
- Cut the broccoli into florets, keeping a long enough stalk for each floret.
- Cut each one in half so you have a flat surface to place them in a skillet.
- Heat up some olive oil on high heat, put the veggie with the flat side down in there and cook until you get a brown color.
- Turn the broccoli on the other side and pop the pan in the oven for 10 minutes.
- When plating the broccoli, add a splash of lemon juice, some chili slices or flakes and garlic slices.
The sauce is super simple, one you can use every time you have no idea what sauce to cook, if you run out of time or you you just need some freshness to your dish.
- Mix in some yogurt with lemon juice.
- To spice things up, add one crushed garlic clove, some paprika, pepper and dried oregano.
- Being so light, this works best with fish and salads.