Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Jam Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting



I am sorry we have been M.I.A. from the blog lately, but we actually didn't do much cooking and this blog is about that basically. We had food from our parents, we ate out or just grabbed a salad in a hurry.



A couple of days ago I bought a new muffin tin and I had to try it. We lost out muffin tin when we moved, I have no idea how that could have happen, but I was excited to have one again. As a first bake, I chose the Martha Stewart's recipe for Jam Cupcakes. The recipe is on the site.

In case you are wondering, the muffin cup liners are from IKEA. I found them a little big for the quantities in the recipes. As you can see, my oven still cooks uneven, but all was good. Just to be on the safe side I put a tray with water in the oven, underneath the muffin tin, so that they stay fluffy, which they did.


I baked them for about 25 minutes. I let them cool, then made a little hole in the middle and added the jam. I used cranberry jam and fig jam. The jam inside is a nice surprise, but if you choose to keep the chocolate frosting, don't put too much as the frosting is kinda heavy. The frosting is a butter one, as I said, a bit heavy for my taste, but it works with the delicate muffins.


Overall, these were good, for sure I would try the recipe again, even without any frosting. It is a simple one, no special cooking skills required. The muffins were super good, so fluffy and soft, the jam is the nice touch and the frosting is perfect for chocolate lovers.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...