Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cauliflower and Cumin Fritter with Lemon Yogurt Dip- Appetizers August (5)


To keep going (rather slow) with our Appetizers August, I was thinking of a nice dish with vegetables, to take advantage of the summer goodies. Cauliflower is not something I always loved, when I was a kid I would only eat it pickled. Now, we came to better terms and I appreciated now.

I always like when I think of a vegetable to know at least 3 totally different ways to cook it. Fritters and patties are always a nice solutions, you can serve them cold, you can pay with size and serve them as appetizers, you can take them the next day to work/school for lunch. So, I found in Ottolenghi, The Cookbook a recipe that was promised to be very flavorful.

I followed the recipe completely and I'm showing it to you exactly like that.




300 g cauliflower
120 g AP flour
4 eggs
1 clove of garlic
1 small onion
1 handful parsley (chopped)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric
salt
oil for frying (vegetable)


Start by cutting the cauliflower in small bouquets, bring some water with salt to a boil, then add the cauliflower and let it simmer until it's slightly tender, for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the onion, garlic and the condiments. Chop the parsley really fine, but save some leaves for garnishing. Add the chopped parsley to the mix.


When the cauliflower is done, strain it and add it to the egg mixture. As you add it, crush it a bit with a fork. To be honest, next time I will leave the cauliflower chunkier. Then, just take some mixture with a big spoon and fry the fritters for aprox. 2 minutes on each side.

For the dip, just mix some greek yogurt (300 g) with some olive oil. lemon juice (or lime) and chopped parsley. Add salt only if necessary.

Full of flavor indeed, all the cumin, turmeric and cinnamon do their job and make the dish exotic and the simple dip it's just the refreshing company it needed.


Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...