Strong, full of flavor and sweet, this home made drink is based on the classic Italian Arancello. Ready in 2 weeks, it is amazing served chilled, with ice or used in desserts. It is also great to give someone as a gift, especially if you play around with the presentation.
You will need:
- the zest from 5 oranges
- 1 l vodka
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cardamon pods
- 600 g sugar
- 500 g boiled water
1st step: Week 1:
- Peel the orange zest, trying to avoid the white, bitter part. Place the zest, the cinnamon and the cardamon in a big jar.
- Pour the vodka on top of them.
- Seal the jar.
- Shake the jar everyday, for a week to combine all the flavors.
2nd step: Week 2:
- Place the sugar in a heatproof bowl.
- Pour the hot water over it and stir well, until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the syrup over the vodka in the jar and stir.
- Let it sit in the jar for another week
- Shake the jar daily.
- When it is done, pour it in bottles. You can keep it bottled for up to 4-5 months.